Background
Congregation of Daughters of Mary - The Parent Organisation:

Congregation of Daughters of Mary is a Missionary Congregation founded by late Monsignor Joseph Kuzhinjalil in the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, during the early days of the Re-union Movement in 1938 at Marthandom, Kanyakumari district, with three members, by the paternal blessing and consent of late Archbishop His Grace Mar Ivanios (Servant of God). Mother Mary Kallarackal was the Co-foundress and the first member of the Congregation.
The primary mission of the Congregation is to bring the Good News to the poor and neglected, concentrating in families for their integrated development. The Motto of our Congregation is “1
That all may be one.” The Congregation was bifurcated in 1987 and was raised to the pontifical status in 1988 by His Holiness Pope John Paul II.



Kristu Raja Province - the Sub-Province

1  
St. Joseph's province is one of the provinces that emerged as a result of bifurcation from the Congregation of Daughters of Mary in the year 1987. As the province developed and flourished with in the frame work of short period, it again needed to go for further bifurcation so as to provide better access to its target population. Reverend Sister Vijaya, Provincial Superior of St. Joseph's province was appointed Rev. Sr. Theodecia as the Regional Superior of Kristuraja Region. In the year 2003, the Kristuraja Region became a Vice province and Reverend Sister Immaculate DM was elected as the Vice Provincial. In the year 2005 August 23rd Kristuraja Vice Province became the Kristuraja Province. The Kristuraja province continues to execute all its missionary activities for the underprivileged population in and around Kapurtala and Punjab in North India. The province is headed by Provincial Superior and team members. At present Rev. Mother Giles D.M is the Provincial Superior.

Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved to Congregation of the Daughters of Mary