Congregation of Daughters of Mary is a Missionary Congregation founded by late Monsignor Joseph Kuzhinjalil in the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, during the early days of the Re-union Movement in 1938 at Marthandom, Kanyakumari district, with three members, by the paternal blessing and consent of late Archbishop His Grace Mar Ivanios (Servant of God). Mother Mary Kallarackal was the Co-foundress and the first member of the Congregation.

               0               0


The primary mission of the Congregation is to bring the Good News to the poor and neglected, concentrating in families for their integrated development. The Motto of our Congregation is “That all may be one.” The Congregation was bifurcated in 1987 and was raised to the pontifical status in 1988 by His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Mary Matha Vice Province is one of the Provinces of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary. Its first mission station was established in the year 1979. His Grace Late Cyril Mar Baseless Catholics invited The Daughters of Mary to commence their mission work within this region at Bathery mission station in Bathery Diocese in Waynad.
  0


The Mother General Sister Immaculate gave the permission to establish the convent at Myladumpotty on August 1979.

Right from its inception, this province has expanded its services throughout the specified region of Karnataka, and Malappuram in other parts of Waynad. Mission houses were established in these three regions to serve the poor by living along with them. Later these three houses amalgamated to form part of St. Mary's Province. On 7th July 2000, Bathery became a region and on 22nd August 2002, Mother General Sr. Felix declared this region as a Vice province.

Its first regional Superior was Sr.Veronica DM. Today Mary Matha vice Province has expanded into three regional zones, Karnataka, Nilambur and Wyanad. It comprises of nineteen convents which are spread across India.

 

Copyright © 2011- All Rights Reserved to Congregation of the Daughters of Mary